Project name: Monitoring of ornithofauna on the transmission line 2×220 kV construction route of TE Sisak to TL 220 kV Mraclin-Prijedor
Client: Croatian Transmission System Operator Ltd.
Period: 02/2018 – 08/2019
The aim of the project was to analyse the mortality on the 2×220 kV transmission line Connection of the TPP Sisak to the 220 kV Mraclin-Prijedor on the basis of the Decision of the Ministry of Environment and Nature within the Environmental impact assessment study that prescribed the monitoring of biodiversity and ecological networks to identify the possible impact of collision of birds on the transmission line. Based on data on the prevalence of favourable habitats for birds, the trails were passed once a month during the monitoring of collision mortality, as well as additional field trips within the methodology of the collision sensitive bird species (water birds, nocturnal birds).
The project involved the collection and analysis of existing data, planning and conducting field research, data processing and monthly reporting.
(1) information on the project and description of the characteristics of the project,
(2) defining research methodology
(3) collecting data on ornithofauna in the broader project area and in the Natura 2000 area
(4) field research of ornithofauna in the broader project area – the abundance of sensitive species, the abundance of other birds, birds active at night
(5) research of collision mortality
(6) analysis of collision mortality – sensitivity and cumulative impacts
(7) proposal for further research dynamics