Project name: Development of the Strategic Environmental Assessment for Transport Development Masterplan of Sisak-Moslavina County
Client: Consultants Ltd.
Period: 06/2019 – 04/2020
Strategic environmental assessment includes the development of Strategic impact assessment study with the following content:
- an outline of the contents and main objectives of the Transport Development Masterplan
- the relevant aspects of the current state of the environment and the likely evolution thereof without the implementation of the Master plan of the Transport System;
- the environmental characteristics of areas and existing environmental problems which are relevant to the Masterplan
- the environmental protection objectives, established upon conclusion of international treaties and agreements, which are relevant to the Masterplan
- the likely significant effects on the environment
- the environmental protection measures (mitigation measures)
- a description of the envisaged monitoring program
The Strategic Study also included the Appropriate Assessment for the Ecological Network that contains:
- description of the ecological network that may be affected by the implementation of the Masterplan and cartographic representation of the ecological network area
- description of potentially significant impacts of the implementation of the Masterplan on the ecological network
- proposal of measures to mitigate the negative impacts of implementation on the ecological network
- the final assessment of the eligibility of the Masterplan for the ecological network using the proposed mitigation measures.
Strategic assessment procedure includes amendments and improvements of the study recommended by the committee, evaluation of the study’s completeness and expertness by the committee, public participation and presentation and meetings with all relevant stakeholders.
Images: smz.hr, Google maps