Project name: The Landscape Study of the Plitvice Lakes National Park
Client: Plitvice Lakes National Park
Period: 08/2020 – 01/2021
The project included the development of the Landscape Study of the Plitvice Lakes National park. The aim of creating the study is to preserve the characteristics and values – the character of the landscape and improve the condition in degraded landscapes.
- An inventory of natural/biophysical (relief, geological, hydrological, biological and ecological features) and anthropological, cultural-historical (cultural heritage, land use, historical development) characteristics of the coverage area was made.
- Typological classification of landscapes was performed: general landscape types/areas with a description of landscape areas.
- The value of the landscape (natural (biodiversity and forest), cultural-historical values and visual quality) with the assessment of the sensitivity of the landscape was assessed.
- Landscape sensitivity and vulnerability assessment was made, with specific identification of the degraded and exceptional landscapes.
- Guidelines for landscape protection, planning and management were developed.
In this study, an analysis of actual visibility was made using a digital model of the terrain surface, and unmanned aerial vehicles were used to collect extensive photo documentation.