19-23 September 2018 – 13th Croatian Biological Congress with International Participation, organized by Croatian Biological Society, took place in Poreč. It is a traditional congress that takes place every third year and has been gathering biologists from different fields of biological science for over 35 years now.
Six of Oikon’s experts participated in the Congress, where they shared their knowledge and experiences in conservational biology, nature and environmental protection, biology of freshwater and terrestrial ecosystems and marine biology:
- Marta Mikulčić held a presentation „HRVATSKI LESKOVAC-KARLOVAC RAILWAY PERMEABILITY FOR WILDLIFE AFTER THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW TRACK“
- Nela Jantol talked about „POSIBILITES OF THE BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION AND MITIGATION OF THE CLIMATE CHANGES THROUGH THE MANAGEMENT OF THE GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE ZAGREB CITY“
- Zrinka Mesić shared her experiences with „BIOSPELEOLOGICAL RESEARC OF KOSINJSKO POLJE AND SINKHOLE ZONE LIPOVO POLJE“
- Sonja Sviben discussed „COASTAL LAGOONS – A COMPARISON OF MORINJE BAY AND MAKIRINA INLET“.
Goran Gužvica and Edin Lugić participated with posters:
- Gužvica, I. Gabrić , L. Šver: ANALYSIS OF GREY WOLF’S (Canis lupus L.) PREFERENCES TO THE HABITAT TYPES (BY NCH) IN THE NATURE PARK BIOKOVO ↵
- Popović , L. Šver, Z. Grgurić , G. Gužvica: ANALYSIS OF WILD CAT’S (Felis sivestris silvestris L.) PREFERENCE TO THE HABITAT TYPES (BY NCH) IN THE BILOGORA MOUNTAIN, CROATIA ↵
- Lugić, V. Mičetić Stanković, B. Bruvo Mađarić, M. Kučinić: CHECKLIST OF CROATIAN MINUTE MOSS BEETLES (Insecta: Coleoptera: Hydraenidae): CURRENT STATUS, DNA BARCODING AND PERSPECTIVES ↵
More about the presentations can be found in the Book of Abstracts.