Project name: Habitat, vegetation and land cover mapping of protected areas in a scale of 1:25.000
Clients: Nature parks: Biokovo, Lonjsko polje (including Krapje Đol), Medvednica, Učka and Žumberak-Samoborsko gorje
Period: 03/2003 – 12/2011
The overall objectives of the project were preparation of habitat and land cover maps. The mapping methodology used was based on the National Habitat Classification (NHC) system of habitats. The maps were produced by a combination of different techniques: (ortho)photointerpretation, classification and interpretation of satellite images (LANDSAT), GIS analysis and intensive field survey.
Projects include preparation and organization of capacity building for habitat mapping, GIS and in nature conservation planning of employees from different Croatia’s protected areas.
Results of the project were:
- Habitat maps for: Žumberak-Samoborsko gorje NP (1:25.000; MMU 2,25 ha), Medvednica NP (1:25.000; MMU 2,25 ha), Lonjsko Polje NP (1:25.000; MMU 2,25 ha), Učka NP (1:5.000; MMU 0,5-1 ha)
- Vegetation maps: Žumberak-Samoborsko gorje NP (1:25.000; MMU 2,25 ha), Biokovo NP (1:5.000; MMU 0,5-1 ha)
- Habitat maps in a scale of 1:25.000 with minimum mapping unit of 2.25 ha for: Biokovo NP (Nature Park) , Lonjsko polje NP, Medvednica NP, Učka NP and Žumberak NP
- Land cover/use maps for: Lonjsko polje NP (1:25.000; MMU 2,25 ha), Žumberak-Samoborsko gorje NP (1:25.000; MMU 2,25 ha) and Učka NP (1:5.000; MMU 0,5-1 ha)
- Digital orthophotos (satellite and aerial images) in a scale 1:25.000 for all above mentioned protected areas
- Workshops were conducted about field survey and GIS analysis in habitat mapping.
- habitat, vegetation & land cover mapping
- GIS & RS support
- development of digital orthophotos (satellite and aerial images)
- field work and ground truthing
- spatial analysis and modelling, with analytical and programming support
- project administration
- organisation and attendance of workshops & GIS training
- map preparation for printing.