Project name: Monitoring of water, air, noise, fauna, forest ecosystems and soil along Croatian motorways
Client: Croatian Motorways Ltd. (HAC d.o.o.)
Period: 08/2009 – 05/2010
This project was focused on the monitoring of parameters (measured along the highway) relevant for environment impact assessments for almost all sections (approximately 85 %) of the Croatian motorway network.
1) parameters of water quality in separators, biodiscs, bulks and lysimeters as well as in several native watercourses (by use of standard sampling and analyzing methods),
2) parameters of air quality (by use of standard sampling and analyzing methods),
3) noise parameters (by use of standard sampling and analyzing methods),
4) throughput of highway for wild fauna (by use of GPS-telemetry of bears and catch photography),
5) growth of dominant tree species (by use of dendrometers),
6) forest health parameters (by use of remote sensing methods based on satellite images) and
7) soil parameters (by use of standard sampling and analyzing methods).
- Project management and administration of entire project
- Acquisition and unification of biomonitoring and environmental data relevant for environmental impact assessments for almost all sections of highway network (wild fauna, soil parameters, forest growth and forest health parameters)
- Development of databases (including GIS database) with collected information.
- Development of partial reports
- Development of special reports according to obligations to foreign creditors
- Final report