Project name: Technical assistance for Environmental Impact Assessment in the framework of the Project “Reconstruction of Existing and Construction of Second Track on Section Hrvatski Leskovac – Karlovac on Railway Line M202 Zagreb GK – Rijeka” in Croatia – Environmental Impact Assessment and Nature Impact Assessment
Client: Italferr S.p.A / HŽ Infrastructure
Period: 06/2017– 07/2018
Funding: State Budget
The railway line M202 Zagreb Central Station – Rijeka is an integral part of the Corridor RH2, defined by the Decision on Classification of Railway lines and is also an integral part of the EU network core corridor – the Mediterranean corridor and the international rail freight corridor – RFC6. Subject of this Project is the reconstruction and modernization of the existing railway line in the sense of construction of a second railway track along the already existing one, as well as reconstruction of this existing railway track on the section Hrvatski Leskovac – Karlovac.
The Environmental impact assessment study is a part of project documentation for the location permit for the project. Environmental impact assessment study provides information on the current state of the environment, potentially significant impacts on the environment, proposal of environmental protection measures and environmental monitoring program.
Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Study for Reconstruction of Existing and Construction of Second Track on Section Hrvatski Leskovac – Karlovac on Railway Line M202 Zagreb GK – Rijeka, included:
- information on the location and description of the location of the project (climatological aspects, air quality, hydrogeology and hydrology, forest ecosystems, soils and agricultural land, land use, game and hunting, natural and semi-natural ecosystems, visual quality of the landscape, cultural heritage, waste, noise and vibrations, as well as preparation of cartographic materials),
- the assessment of the impacts on the environmental components during the development and/or use of the project,
- environmental protection measures and monitoring program,
- Appropriate Assessment (Nature Impact Assessment on Natura 2000) – analysis of impact and mitigation measures for Natura 2000 conservation objectives (Special Protected Areas, Sites of Community Interests, Sites of Community Interests – Marine),
- public consultation,
- participation in the Environmental Impact Assessment procedure,
- participation in Master Project Application.