Project name: Service acquisition upgrade of existing CORINE database, validation of thematic database generated by interpretation on satellite images and WEB GIS browser creation
Client: Croatian Environment Agency
Period: 10/2012 – 09/2015
Funding: State Budget
The CORINE database is used for environmental planning and management, physical planning, demographic and sociological studies and cooperation with EC on these issues, as well as in scientific research. Moreover, the CORINE land cover products are a baseline layer for establishment, preparation and monitoring of ecological network Natura 2000 (pSCI and SPA areas, respectively).
Project objectives were:
- To make available a complete and systematic land cover inventory of Croatia for year 2012 to all interested users, mainly from the domain of environmental management and physical planning;
- To assess and to elaborate on land cover changes between CLC20012-2006;
- To integrate the Croatian CLC database with European land cover database.
Tasks fulfilled during the project were:
- Validation/Verification (correction) of thematic layers in 20×20 m resolution of: Degree of Imperviousness, Tree Cover, Forest Type, Permanent Grassland, Wetlands and Permanent Water bodies.
- Update of CORINE database changes between 2006 and 2012, and preparation of CLC 2012 database
- Dissemination of results, that includes: preparation of WEB GIS portal, statistical/spatial analysis of CLC changes and preparation of publication “Land cover and land use in Croatia – status and trends”.
Projects addressed all standard CORINE land cover products for Croatia. These are:
- Validation and corrections of HR layers for Croatia
- CLC change data base 2006 – 2012
- CLC 2012 database
- Metadata definition by INSPIRE directive
- Analysis of changes between 2000 and 2012
- WEB GIS portal
- WEB GIS statistical analysis application
- Preparation of printed materials
Changes are directly interpreted using comparison of IRS Image 2006 and IRS Image 2012 data in InterChange program (CLC2006 Support Package). Changes are directly interpreted, by means of computer-aided visual image interpretation. All changes larger than 5 ha are delineated regardless of their position.
- Photointepretation of satellite images
- Field checking;
- Quality control of the interpretation
- Detection of changes;
- Evaluation of change 2006-2012;
- Preparation of CLC 2012 digital database;
- Collection and preparation of ancillary and metadata;
- Statistical and spatial analysis of data
- Preparation of web GIS application
- Participation in project management and reporting.