Project name: Landscape Study of the Plitvice Lakes National Park
Client: Plitvice Lakes National Park
Period: 08/2020 – 01/2021
The project included the development of a Landscape Study of the Plitvice Lakes National park. The aim of creating the study is to preserve the characteristics and values of the character of the landscape and improve the condition of degraded landscapes.
- An inventory of natural/biophysical (relief, geological, hydrological, biological and ecological features) and anthropological, cultural-historical (cultural heritage, land use, historical development) characteristics of the coverage area was made.
- Typological classification of landscapes was performed: general landscape types/areas with a description of landscape areas.
- The value of the landscape (natural (biodiversity and forest), cultural-historical values and visual quality) with the assessment of the sensitivity of the landscape was assessed.
- Landscape sensitivity and vulnerability assessment was made, with specific identification of the degraded and exceptional landscapes.
- Guidelines for landscape protection, planning and management were developed.
In this study, an analysis of actual visibility was made using a digital model of the terrain surface, and unmanned aerial vehicles were used to collect extensive photo documentation.