Project name: Development of the Strategic Environmental Assessment for Regional Development Strategy of Varaždin County until 2020
Client: Varaždin County
Period: 11/2016 – 04/2020
Strategic environmental assessment includes the development of a strategic impact assessment study with the following content:
- an outline of the contents and main objectives of the Reginal Development Strategy of Varaždin County
- the relevant aspects of the current state of the environment and the likely evolution thereof without the implementation of the Reginal Development Strategy of Varaždin County;
- the environmental characteristics of areas and existing environmental problems which are relevant to the Strategy
- the environmental protection objectives, established upon conclusion of international treaties and agreements, which are relevant to the Strategy
- the likely significant effects on the environment
- the environmental protection measures (mitigation measures)
- a description of the envisaged monitoring program.
Strategic assessment procedure includes amendments and improvements of the study recommended by the committee, evaluation of the study’s completeness and expertness by the committee, public participation and presentation and meetings with all relevant stakeholders.
Images: Varazdinske vijesti, Google maps